COVID-19 Utility Response
- To our customers, friends, neighbors and community – A letter from our CEO/General Manager, Lena Wittler
- A nuestros clientes, amigos, vecinos y comunidad. – A letter from our CEO/General Manager, Lena Wittler (Spanish translation)
- НАШИМ КЛИЕНТАМ, ДРУЗЬЯМ, СОСЕДЯМ И МЕСТНЫМ ЖИТЕЛЯМ. – A letter from our CEO/General Manager, Lena Wittler (Russian translation)
What We Are Doing
Clark Public Utilities is committed to continuing to provide steady, safe service and responding to outages as quickly as possible. Here is the latest information regarding our response to COVID-19:
- Disconnections have been suspended and no customers are without power or water. Any customer experiencing hardship should call us – we don’t want anyone in our community to have additional worry because of these critical services.
- Criteria for our payment assistance programs has been expanded and customers experiencing immediate financial crisis should call. But again, only vacant properties are being disconnected (when requested, for safety) – customers will not have power or water disconnected for any reason other than safety during this time of public health recommended social distancing.
- In person customer service is closed but phone, email and online options are available 24/7, as they always are. Just reach out, we’re available.
- Any energy assistance appointments (or any other appointments with utility employees) currently scheduled will be conducted by phone, or rescheduled, and all future appointments will be phone appointments until the situation changes. Payment assistance remains available and these processes can be done without in person contact, so please call if you have questions or concerns.
- All large utility events (Home & Garden Idea Fair and Earth Day Fest) are canceled and smaller events are being updated as decisions are made (only very small, outdoor events where participants can remain six feet apart are being considered – all public health recommendations will continue to be followed as they change.) Anyone registered for an event will be receiving information from the organizer with updates.
- We are translating as much information into Spanish and Russian as possible, but phone translation can be arranged for any non-English speaking customers. Just call and ask.
We are continuing to carefully balance the work required to maintain our high level of service (both safe and reliable water and electricity, as well as 24 hour customer service on the phone and email) while keeping our customers and employees safe. We are in a quickly changing situation, however, and will continue to make adjustments as needed to provide the support both customers and employees need to stay healthy. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we move through these next days and weeks.
What You Can Do
Manage your account remotely with these convenient options:
- Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone at 360-992-3000.
- Managing your account is easy and secure anytime using MyAccount. Visit www.clarkpublicutilities.com/MyAccount to pay your bill and explore payment options such as AutoPay
- For non-urgent questions or requests you can email us at [email protected]
If you see our crews or employees in your neighborhood, please wave and smile but observe the six-foot social distancing recommendation to keep everyone healthy. Employees are only doing necessary work in the field – all maintenance and ongoing work has been suspended to limit travel through the community and field employees are taking care to stay clear of customers and sanitize in line with recommendations.
Outages should be reported as usual to 360-992-8000 or online using the outage reporting tool. Steps have been taken to ensure these critical employees continue this work along with our other first responders doing vital work in our communities. Please do not all 911 for power outages unless there is a fire, injury or immediate danger. Just stay far away from the line and call 360-992-8000 or 360-992-3000.
While we are fully prepared to continue providing service, it is always good to be ready for possible power outages by preparing an emergency kit. Visit RedCross.org for a list of supplies and tips to stay safe and comfortable during a power outage.