Water Service Area
Our water system now serves more than 30,000 homes and businesses in Clark County. We continue to add new production wells and reservoir storage capacity to keep up with growing needs.
Covering about 200 square miles, our service area includes Hazel Dell, Salmon Creek, Lakeshore, Felida, Mt. Vista, LaCenter, Brush Prairie, Hockinson, Venersborg, Heisson, Meadow Glade, Dollars Corner, Duluth, Pioneer, Manor, Amboy and Yacolt. We also operate several “satellite” systems for small groups of homes throughout the county and provide service to the Cities of Battle Ground and Ridgefield during peak summer demand periods. Significant customers include WSUV, Clark County Amphitheater & Fairgrounds, and Salmon Creek Legacy Hospital.
Measuring Water Usage
We measure water usage in cubic feet for pricing:
- One cubic foot = 7.48 gallons.
- On average, a residential customer uses 900 cubic feet of water per month resulting in roughly a $25 bill.
Our three-tier pricing structure complies with a law passed by the Washington legislature that requires utilities to do more to encourage water conservation. The cost per 100 cubic feet increases as more water is used.
- Water consumption up to 1,800 cubic feet in a month is charged at the rate of $1.85 per 100 cubic feet (748 gallons).
- Use of between 1,801 and 3,600 cubic feet in a month is charged at the rate of $2.40 per 100 cubic feet.
- Water consumption above 3,600 cubic feet in a month is charged at the rate of $2.95 per 100 cubic feet.
Compare Usage on Your Bill
The “Compare your use” section of your bill shows the difference between the average monthly rates of consumption and your monthly water usage.
- Block 1 = use up to 1,800 cubic feet.
- Block 2 = use from 1,801 to 3,600 cubic feet.
- Block 3 = use above 3,600 cubic feet.
You’ll also see a monthly customer charge based on the size of your water meter. For most residential customers this charge is $9.00 a month. The meter size for businesses can range from 5/8″ to 6 inches. A small office with a 1″ meter might have an average bill of $50 where a coffee shop with a 5/8 x 3/4″ meter may average $74 per month.