Community Solar East at the Port of Camas Washougal
In 2022, Clark Public Utilities’ Board of Commissioners directed utility staff to study and propose options for a second Community Solar project, with the goal of broad and equitable customer participation levels and options. In partnership with our site-host Port of Camas Washougal, we’ve identified five Port buildings with the ability to accommodate a (799kw) system.
In 2023, Clark Public Utilities is designing, facilitating, constructing and managing this Community Solar East project for all Clark Public Utilities customers, just as we did for the original Community Solar project(s) that are sited at our Operations facility in Orchards. The Port of Camas Washougal is the project site host. Customer participants are the project funders.
- Coming soon!
- 799kw of installed solar capacity separated across five Port of Camas Washougal buildings
- All customers, including business and government customers, are eligible to participate and receive energy credits
- 199kw is reserved to directly benefit customers on a limited income; energy credit dollars from the 199kw system will go directly to the utility’s Operation Warm Heart fund
- We expect this project to be installed and operating by January 2024
- Stay-tuned for instructions on how to sign-up online Summer 2023
- Multiple participation options will be available