Requirements and Specifications
This measure applies to existing buildings only. Hotel rooms are not eligible.
Qualifying connected thermostat applications have the following characteristics:
- Heat type is electric or gas, and
- Replaces an existing thermostat that is not web enabled.
Installed connected thermostats must include the following features:
- Limited duration occupied-period override,
- Multiple set-back schedules with energy-saving temperature set-points during unoccupied periods including evenings, holidays and breaks,
- The supply fan is scheduled to operate continuously during occupied periods, and to operate in “auto” mode during unoccupied periods,
- Remote, web-based monitoring and programming, and
- Battery and memory back-up to retain settings during power or internet losses.
Only products listed on the BPA Qualified Products List will qualify for incentives.
Qualifying installations will receive an incentive of $200. 00 per unit installed, up to 50% of total project cost.