Celebrate Make a Difference Day With Us!
Make A Difference Day is this weekend! For 26 years, this day has marked the beginning of our planting season and we have celebrated by gathering with our wonderful volunteers to plant trees along the Salmon Creek Watershed. We will miss our regular festivities with all of you this year, but we are super excited for all of the activities that we have planned for Make A Difference Day 2021 and can’t wait to see your submissions!
While we can’t all gather to make a difference together, we can still make a difference individually, in our own backyards and neighborhoods. From October 22nd – 24th, we will be participating in the Make A Difference From Home Challenge, where you will have a great opportunity to learn some fun ways you can make the world a more sustainable place. We’ve put together a list of challenges for you and your family to complete that protect our watersheds and promote green habits in our home lives. As you complete these challenges, simply snap a picture and share with us on social media by tagging @clarkpud and #MADD2021 or via email at [email protected] Each submission gets you entered into a raffle where you can win some amazing prizes! We’ve partnered with Nut-Tritious Foods, Exquisite Crystals, the Magenta Theater, Thatcher’s Coffee and more, who have provided gift baskets, gift cards, and other goodies, including a 60-minute massage from Vancouver Wellness Studio! The more challenges you complete, the more chances you have of winning. You can even complete activities such as planting a tree and be entered into the raffle three times for just one activity! We look forward to seeing all of your pictures!
Here is the list of challenges for you and your family to choose from and the number of entries they’ll get you:
- Go Bird Watching and Send in a Picture of the Coolest Bird You See! (1)
- Identify Native Plants in Your Yard/Community (1)
- Pick Up Trash Around Your Community (1)
- Make Seed Paper (1)
- Visit a Local Park (1)
- Make Your Own Birdfeeder! (1)
- Plant a Plant (1)
- Go on a Hike (1)
- Find Out Your Water Usage (1)
- Take a Foodprint Quiz (1)
- Clean Out Your Closet and Donate Clothes to a Used Clothing Store (2)
- Watch a Nature Documentary and Write What You Learned From It (2)
- Make a Native Bee House (2)
- Plant Native Plants in Your Garden (2)
- Buy Local Produce or Visit a Farmers Market (2)
- Switch to CFL or LED Light Bulbs (2)
- Do a Home Waste Audit (2)
- Start Composting (3)
- Plant a Tree (3)
- Donate to a Local Environmental Organization (3)
We want to share a huge thank you to the following Green Businesses for generously donating such exciting prizes!
- Exquisite Crystals
- EYE Clothing Co
- Magenta Theatre
- Source Climbing Center
- Thatcher’s Coffee
- Vance Family Soy Candles
- Vancouver Wellness Studio
- Kindred Homestead Supply