Requirements and Specifications
This measure applies to both existing buildings and new construction.
Qualifying Heat Pump Upgrade applications have the following building characteristics:
- 50,000 square feet or less conditioned building area,
- Electric heat (gas is not eligible), and
- There are no pre-condition requirements for new construction projects.
Installed Heat Pumps must meet the following requirements:
- Less than 20 tons of cooling capacity,
- Be an air to air heat pump system, and
- Meets all applicable CEE Tier 1 or Tier 2 performance specifications (e.g., both EER and IEER).
|Heat Pump, less than 6 tons||$1,000.00 per installed heat pump, up to 50% of total project cost.|
|Heat Pump, 6-20 tons||$200.00 per ton, up to 50% of total project cost.|