Requirements and Specifications
These measures cannot be used to retrofit packaged terminal air conditioning (PTAC) units.
Preconditions – DHP Retrofit:
- The space is conditioned by zonal or forced-air, electric-resistance heat as the primary heating source. No other heating sources are eligible. A failed heat pump system operating with electric resistance back-up heat is not considered electric-resistance for the purposes of meeting pre-condition requirements.
Preconditions – DHP Upgrade:
- The space is conditioned by an operational or failed DHP or air-source heat pump; or
- The space is part of a building addition, new construction, or major renovation project
- The DHP must have an AHRI certificate of product rating and the DHP outdoor condenser must meet BPA’s efficiency requirements stated below. The efficiency requirements apply to both single and multi-head systems.
- Non-Ducted – 11.0 HSPF
- Ducted or Mixed – 10.0 HSPF
- Qualifying DHP retrofit installations will receive an incentive of $1,000.00 per ton of unit installed, up to 70% of total project cost.
- Qualifying DHP upgrade installations will receive an incentive of $300.00 per ton of unit installed, up to 70% of total project costs.
Steps to Participation:
Please submit the following documents to [email protected]: