Requirements and Specifications
These measures cannot be used to retrofit packaged terminal air conditioning (PTAC) units.
Preconditions – DHP Retrofit:
- The space is conditioned by zonal or forced-air, electric-resistance heat as the primary heating source. No other heating sources are eligible.
Preconditions – DHP Upgrade:
- The space is conditioned by an operational or failed DHP; or
- The space is part of a building addition, new construction, or major renovation project
- The installed DHP must be listed on the DHP Qualified Products List; and
- The DHP outdoor condenser must meet BPA’s efficiency requirements:
- Non-Ducted – 11.0 HSPF
- Ducted or Mixed – 10.0 HSPF
- The efficiency requirements apply to both single and multi-head systems.
- Qualifying DHP retrofit installations will receive an incentive of $1,250.00 per ton of unit installed, up to 70% of total project cost.
- Qualifying DHP upgrade installations will receive an incentive of $400.00 per ton of unit installed, up to 70% of total project costs.