Requirements & Specifications
This measure applies to retrofits only.
Qualifying ARC retrofit applications have the following characteristics:
- Heating type is electric or gas.
Existing RTU has the following characteristics:
- Greater than 5 tons of cooling capacity,
- Is a unitary system (split-systems are not eligible), and
- A constant speed supply fan (RTUs with variable speed fans are not eligible).
Both Full ARC and ARC-Lite retrofits must add one of the following equipment options to the existing RTU:
- A VFD and controller for variable speed fan operation, or
- A multi-speed motor and controller for multi-speed fan operation.
The Full ARC Retrofit applications must additionally include a controller with both of the following capabilities:
- Digital, integrated economizer control, and
- Web-enabled control, monitoring, and alarms.
Qualifying installations will receive an incentive as follows:
|Measure Category||Occupied Hours Per Year||Payment Per Ton|
|ARC Retrofit - Full||2,000-4,000|
|ARC Retrofit - Lite||2,000-4,000|