We offer low-interest loans, up to $30,000, to help you invest in solar technology for your home.
Solar Loan Program Terms:
- All Clark Public Utilities customers, including manufactured homes, are eligible for financing at 3.5% interest.
- Loans for work on manufactured homes are limited to $5,000 or less.
- Only installations completed by a licensed, bonded contractor on our contractor network will qualify.
- Loans are repayable over five years for amounts less than $10,000 and seven years on amounts exceeding $10,000. The minimum monthly payment will be at least $25. Loans of less than $5,000 have a loan processing fee of $230, and loans of $5,000 or more have a loan processing fee of $385. You can either pay up front or fold this fee into your loan. Clark Public Utilities will file a lien on your home if your loan exceeds $5,000. *Effective January 1, 2019, the loan fee for loans $5,000 or more will increase to $435.
- Your loan payment will be billed monthly, separate from your regular Clark Public Utilities bill.
- You pay the contractor directly for options or extra costs not eligible for financing.
- Loans are not transferable, so if you sell your home you must pay the unpaid balance on the loan in full.
- Financing is available for new construction.
- The loan is subject to credit approval and home equity evaluation. Loan application processing could take up to 10 business days.
- There is no limit on the number of loans a household can have with Clark Public Utilities, but the combination of active loan amounts at one time cannot exceed $30,000.
- Effective January 1st, 2019 all solar loan applications will require 2 bids.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 360-992-3355 or Contact Us about your proposed project. We will provide you with technical assistance, a list of approved contractors, review and approve the installation contract and process your loan application. The contractor you select will secure the necessary building permits and install your solar system. Clark Public Utilities will inspect the system to ensure you have a proper installation.
Your energy savings and project costs will vary. Program requirements and rebate amounts are subject to change without notice. We do not endorse any particular contractor, manufacturer or product. We make no express or implied warranties of these products or installations. There are limits to loans, rebates and grants.