NOTICE: Clark Public Utilities will be discontinuing the residential conservation loan program, effective June 1, 2023. All approved loans must be funded by September 30, 2023. Please contact us with any questions, 360-992-3355.
We offer low-interest loans, up to $30,000, to help homeowners invest in solar technology for their home.
Solar Loan Program Terms:
- If the loan applicant is legally married, the spouse must also apply for the loan as a co-applicant.
- All Clark Public Utilities customers, including manufactured homes, are eligible for financing at 4.99% interest.
- Loans for work on manufactured homes are limited to $7,500 or less.
- Only installations completed by a licensed, bonded contractor on our contractor network will qualify.
- Loans are repayable over five years for amounts less than $10,000 and seven years on amounts at $10,000 or more, but your monthly payment will be at least $25.
- Processing fees: $290 for loans at $7,500 or less; $725 for loans more than $7,500. Fees can be paid upfront or added to your loan.
- Your loan payment will be billed monthly, separate from your regular Clark Public Utilities bill.
- You pay the contractor directly for options or extra costs not eligible for financing.
- Loans are not transferable, so if you sell your home you must pay the unpaid balance on the loan in full.
- Financing is available for new construction.
- Existing loans cannot be refinanced by the Utility.
- The loan is subject to credit approval and home equity evaluation. Loan application processing could take up to 10 business days.
- There is no limit on the number of loans a household can have with Clark Public Utilities, but the combination of active loan amounts at one time cannot exceed $30,000.
- Effective January 1st, 2019 all solar loan applications require 2 bids.
- The current loan program interest rate is 4.99%.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 360-992-3355 or Contact Us about your proposed project. We will provide you with technical assistance, a list of approved contractors, review and approve the installation contract and process your loan application. The contractor you select will secure the necessary building permits and install your solar system. Clark Public Utilities will inspect the system to ensure you have a proper installation.
Your energy savings and project costs will vary. Program requirements and rebate amounts are subject to change without notice. We do not endorse any particular contractor, manufacturer or product. We make no express or implied warranties of these products or installations. There are limits to loans.