About the CARES Act Customer Assistance Program
Clark Public Utilities is distributing up to $500 in direct assistance to utility customers with outstanding balances on their electric and/or water utility accounts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The County has made up to $4 million in CARES funds available to fund the utility account grants.
Potentially eligible customers have received or will soon receive direct communication such as a letter, call or email from the utility. Eligible customers should apply for the grant as soon as possible as funds are limited and grants will be applied on a first come first served basis.
If you have questions, please call Customer Service at 360-992-3000.
If you have not received communication from the utility but think you may be eligible for the grant, please look at qualifications and instructions on how to apply below.
To Qualify for a Grant:
- Customers must have an active residential utility account with a balance 30 or more days past due.
- The past due amount must be the result of financial hardship related to the pandemic.
- Only outstanding balances originating from April 2020 or later will qualify.
How to Apply
- Customers can apply via their MyAccount page.
- Customers may also apply over the phone with a customer service representative at 360-992-3000.
- Paper applications will be available for those who request it but as the funds are limited and the timeline is very short, we encourage all eligible customers to apply through MyAccount or over the phone.