What to do for fire...for shock
What to do for an electrical fire
If an appliance catches fire:
- NEVER USE WATER.
- Unplug the appliance, if possible, or turn off the power at the breaker box.
- Use a Class C or multi-purpose dry chemical fire extinguisher or
common baking soda on the fire.
How to help someone in electrical shock
If someone has come into contact with low-voltage electricity (for example, anything used indoors), turn off the power. This may include pulling the plug, turning off the switch and/or tripping the breaker.
If someone has come into contact with an energized outdoor power
line, call 9-1-1 first and then call Clark Public
Utilities at (360) 992-3000. Do not touch or attempt
to free the person. Wait for experienced help to arrive.