Consider having the following outage preparedness supplies on hand in case of an extended outage:
- flashlights and fresh batteries
- radio, battery-powered or hand-crank
- manual can opener
- 3-day supply of drinking water (especially if you're on a private well)
- non-perishable food that is easy to prepare (cereal, peanut butter, crackers)
- extra blankets and warm clothing, including a hat
- firewood and kindling
- sleeping bags
- clock, battery-powered or wind-up
- first aid kit
If you can access a cellular network on your smart phone or tablet you can check our outage map during an outage and see what areas in Clark County are affected.
In advance of stormy weather, take steps to protect your sensitive equipment, including personal computers, televisions, DVRs, VCRs and stereos, with a surge suppressor.
Call the PowerLine at (360) 992-8000 to report a power outage. Having your accurate phone number in our computer system is the key to PowerLine’s success. Make sure we have your correct phone number.
We found some good emergency preparedness information at other websites and have included a list of links for your use.
There is more information in our Be Prepared brochure which you can download here.
Here's an Energy Adviser article with more information.