Loans of up to $15,000 at 5.25% interest are available for
- Air sealing
- Duct sealing (if applicable)
- Attic insulation to R-38
- Wall insulation (variable due to construction method)
- Floor insulation (R-19 to R-30, depending on floor joist depth)
- Windows (U.30 with low e and vinyl frames)
Incentives are currently available which will be credited against your loan amount when documents are signed.
Electrically heated homes are eligible for the program. We also offer loans for manufactured homes.
About the loan terms
Financing is available for the average local cost of eligible measures, based on recently completed projects.
- You have up to seven years to repay your loan, depending on the amount borrowed, but your monthly payment will be at least $25.
- Loans of less than $5,000 have a loan processing fee of $225, and loans of $5,000 or more have a loan processing fee of $350. You can either pay up front or fold this fee into your loan.
- You will be billed monthly, separate from your energy bill, for your loan payment.
- You pay the weatherization contractor directly for options or extra costs not eligible for financing.
- Loans are not transferable, so if you sell your home you must pay the unpaid balance on the loan in full.
- Of course the loan is subject to credit approval.
Call us at (360) 992-3355 or send an e-mail to talk with one of our energy counselors about your proposed project. We'll ask for some information about your home, and then we'll mail you a loan application.