What are the current incentive levels?
For INDUSTRIAL custom projects:
- Retrofit projects: $0.25 per kWh up to 50% of cost.
- New construction projects: $0.25 per kWh up to 70% of incremental cost.
For COMMERCIAL custom projects:
- Retrofit projects: $0.20 per kWh up to 50% of cost.
- New construction projects: $0.27 per kWh up to 70% of incremental cost.
What are some examples of eligible projects?
If you are replacing or installing new equipment that is energy efficient and above code minimum/standard practice, we can provide financial incentives. Examples are: compressed air improvements, HVAC upgrades, welder upgrades, VFD installations, refrigeration upgrades and general process energy system improvements. For information on custom lighting projects with over 200,000 kWh annual savings click here.
Who qualifies for a custom project?
- Any Clark Public Utilities commercial or industrial customer is eligible.
The customer must contact Clark Public Utilities and receive approval on the proposal PRIOR to making any electrical equipment purchases. Incentives are based on verified electrical energy savings. (Clark Public Utilities may assist with energy studies as well as measurement and verification.)
How do I participate?
- A customer contacts their Key Account Manager to ask for specific program details, and which program components may apply to them.
- The required custom project proposal information (see list below) is submitted to a Clark Public Utilities representative for custom project pre-approval.
- Project proposals are reviewed by Clark Public Utilities and the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) to determine if project requirements are met and equipment has not been purchased. Projects will also be reviewed based on utility program budget. This approval process typically takes 2-3 weeks.
- If the project proposal meets program requirements and is approved, incentive dollars are earmarked and the customer and/or contractor are notified by Clark Public Utilities to proceed with implementation.
- The customer/contractor performs required pre-installation monitoring (measurement and verification plan).
- The equipment is installed.
- The customer/contractor performs required post-installation monitoring to verify energy savings.
- Clark Public Utilities receives copies of customer invoices and measurement and verification plan data.
- Clark Public Utilities submits a completion report to BPA and the customer receives an incentive check based on verified energy savings.
What is the required custom project proposal information?
- Customer name and contact information, project location, etc.
- Contractor contact information
- Planned project start and completion dates
- Energy efficiency measure general information (What are you installing? Make and model of new equipment.)
- Measure baseline (What equipment exists today? Make and model of equipment.)
- Measurement and verification plan (Typically two weeks pre and post monitoring.)
- Suggested measure life of equipment
- Estimated site energy savings
- Estimated project/incremental cost
- Estimated change in operations and maintenance (O & M) cost (reduction or increase)
Click here to view all the information we require in a custom project submittal.
Who do I contact for more information or questions?
Contact your Clark Public Utilities Key Accounts Manager or call our Energy Engineer, Sam Walker, at 360-992-3354.